Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dream death by bog

I have never died in a dream before... until last night. How disturbing! And usually I go back and change disturbing dreams, but I couldn't change the fact I died, I could only have my body be rescued. Here's my dream.

I was walking through a field with my sister Anne. There were a bunch of weird trees similar to the one in the picture. (The picture is one another sister took. It's a tree in France that they prune in such a way so that the tree doesn't interfere with wires and everything.)



In my dream, though, we were in a field so no cars or houses and the trees were just turning green - the beginning of Spring. The ground was a bit soggy. My sister and I came to a ditch to cross and I knew it might be muddy but it had to be crossed and so I jumped right in. Turns out it was a bog and the mud was very deep. I went all the way up to my waist right away and the more I struggled the deeper I sank. At first there was a panic and then a complete resignation. So that is how I died. Sunk in a bog, suffocating from the pressure of mud. My sister was more cautious and didn't jump in so was able to pull herself out but couldn't pull me out without being pulled in herself. The part I changed was that this old couple that lived on the farm saw us go down and rescued us. But it wouldn't stick. They did rescue my sister but they only pulled my body out - covered in mud - and then there was a funeral.

Then I spent the rest of the night freaked out about this dream and what does it mean. And just the thought of dying in your dream - it's just really disturbing.

From an on-line dream dictionary: Bogs, denotes burdens under whose weight you feel that endeavors to rise are useless. Illness and other worries may oppress you. When we dream of death, our emotions run high. Feelings of terror, anxiety or even liberation can dominate our mood upon waking. As with any other type of dream, there is no one answer for what the dream means. Generally speaking, however, dreams about death signify much needed change in our lives. Such dreams typically herald symbolic rather than literal death. In this way, death dreams let us know that some part of the self needs to be radically reworked, whether it be one's attitudes, emotions, or relationships.

Hmmmmmmmm......


No comments:

Post a Comment