Monday, April 13, 2009

day 3 - what will my prize be?

Well, I'm on day 3 of no sugar. The first three days are the hardest. I could eat Gemma's Easter candy in about twenty minutes. But somehow I've been stopping myself.

I've found I do better with my sugar challenges if I have a concrete reward at the end. Then it is all about delayed gratification instead of denied gratification. Lol... So I've been thinking about that. For awhile now I've been drooling over Noro style yarn - the beautiful long color repeats. And so I've been thinking about projects to use this yarn for. I'm down to either a Fair Isle (Fake Isle) project or the Infinity Wrap By Kristin Omdahl. Here's the wrap and a picture of Plymouth Boku yarn. What do you think?



Hmmmm.... I really like the pattern but do I really need another wrap/shawl? But then if it's about reward and not about what I need..... I could probably persuade myself somehow. I thought about just a striped sweater but finally decided I'm just not a big fan of wearing stripes. So then had the thought of a Fake Isle sweater or whatnot. That would be more practical than the shawl. I liked the Cunninghsburgh Star Jacket in ColorStyle pretty well and I already have the pattern so that would assuage my guilty conscience that says I need to knit something from every book that I own. (ravelry link: Cunningsburgh Star Jacket)

Decisions, decisions.....

I really wish it weren't so hard to not eat sweets but I have to keep reminding myself how much better I feel when I don't. It's strange how strongly I react to it. My first taste of it after a break is like nirvana. Then I go into the depths of despair and need more and more sugar to reach that nirvana-esque state. And then I go off sugar and it's like I need to check into a hotel or a detox program. Good thing I have another addiction to turn to.... yarn and knitting. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the jacket pattern. If I knew how to Fake Isle and/or had the time and skill to finish it, I would pick that one. :)

    Really, one of these days I am going to join you on this sugar deprivation journey, but not today. Today I am PMSing, craving coffee, and shoving jelly beans into my mouth. I promise to be done bingeing by the time walking group rolls around...

    ReplyDelete