Monday, March 9, 2009

time changes

I really think that whoever decided to institute a time change didn't have children or if they did, they never spent any time with them. Babies, especially, just don't get time changes. We haven't adjusted to it, yet, getting up an hour later, and everything. We'll try to get nap-time and bed-time earlier tonight.

Another reason, I think, that I've always hated the spring time change is that it always falls during flu/cold and the very beginning of allergy season (though this year is the exception to that since we still have snow on the ground). It's a time when you want to maximize your rest so that you stay healthy but then you lose an hour of sleep. I've gotten sick at this time of year more often than not.

Oona was up in the middle of the night with a fever. She seems to be better this morning, thank goodness. I woke up with a bit of a sore throat. I'm hitting it with everything I can think of - airborne, neti pot, tea by the gallon, lymphatic drainage, extra vitamin c, oil of oregano, echinacea. Hope we're all healthy soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment