Sunday, March 15, 2009

random bits

Yesterday I made waffles. Waffles have quite a bit of milk in them. Yesterday Oona was especially fussy and clingy. Last night, she was up quite a bit. Could it be the waffles? She's asleep right now. I woke up and just really needed some not-being-touched-by-babies time. So here I am.

Talk radio was playing in the car the other day while I was driving around. I usually listen to NPR but in an effort to be open-minded, if the radio is set to talk radio, I'll give it a try. There are times when it really makes me mad. And there are times I can see their point. If I have to listen one more time to Dr. Laura tell some woman that it is her fault that her husband cheated on her, I might scream. Though, at least Dr. Laura acknowledges that it takes two to make a relationship. Anyway, the other day some guy was on. I'm not sure who it was, just that he was a fill in for Rush Limbaugh. He was talking about how sometimes you'll see or hear something on the news that will haunt you. The imprint of it will stay with you and you can't get it out of your mind. I was like, yes, that happens often, this is intriguing. Then he said that what was haunting him was a video clip of some famous basketball players golf swing and how bad it was. Uh, okaaaay... I don't think that would haunt me. The story that has haunted me for a long time is this one. I don't remember where I read or heard it. It's a story about an Israeli family. A gunman came into their home and shot and killed the father and four year old little girl. The mother was hiding with her toddler (two years old, I think?) in the other room. The mother survived. But she accidentally smothered her two year old to death while trying to stifle her cries. Now that is a heavy and haunting story. I can only imagine being that mother. The part where she accidentally killed her own child while trying to save her is the part that haunts me. I can get so overwhelmed when I think of all the atrocities that happen on this planet. So here's a little prayer for peace and some hope that we can all find a way to be nice to each other.

I've been worried about pelvic pain. The other night I had a really intense dream about having to have surgery for an ectopic pregnancy. The past couple days, I've been having pelvic pain pretty badly so I'm sure the dream is related to that. I had pelvic pain two plus weeks ago. And I've been feeling bloated, etc. I got my period when Gemma was six months old. Oona is almost eleven months old and I still haven't gotten it. I sure hope my body figures out what to do soon. Am I having phantom cycles? Do I have an ovarian cyst? What is going on? I've thought about calling the doctor but western medicine just doesn't understand the female cycle. Their only solution is birth control pill because then they can control the cycle. But that doesn't address the cause(s) at all. I'm not sure what to do so I guess I'll just wait and see.

Oona is awake. So that's all for now. Time to have babies glued to me again. I will miss it someday. That's what I keep telling myself, anyways...

No comments:

Post a Comment