Wednesday, November 4, 2009

eric's birthday cat



I had a lot of fun making this cat for Eric for his birthday. His birthday was a month ago so this is a bit of a belated post. The pattern came from this book. I changed the colors to ones that remind me of Eric. And some bling as an impromptu addition made this Hep Cat into a religious bohemian scholar, complete with purple pants. The only thing I would change would be to find blue cat eyes instead of the green, which is what they had at Joann's. Originally he had a black nose but I thought that looked bull-dog-ish, so I added the pink. Have you ever seen a white cat with a black nose?



I feverishly finished it in one week. Phew! Hand cramps!



Gemma was really excited about Daddy's cat and almost spoiled the surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment