Friday, May 1, 2009

I think I can (or I'm trying to persuade myself that I think I can)

These are all signs that I could be doing better.

1. I'm typing this instead of changing my 2 1/2 yr old's poopy diaper because I don't want to have to deal with wrestling her or persuading her that I need to change her diaper now. I've already told her three times that I need to change her diaper. Surely that is enough.

2. Yesterday I made frosting - the crisco kind with vanilla, almond, and butter flavorings in it - and ate it with a spoon. I also had frosting and graham cracker sandwiches (1/2 inch of frosting on each sandwich).

3. At Costco I bought Ghirardelli Chocolate ($10 worth) and a box of individually wrapped Rice Krispies Treats. And yes, I've already eaten some of them. And these are Costco size packages. I'm going to try not eating them all in one day, though no promises for the weekend.

4. I keep snapping at all four kids (babies and teenagers) for the smallest annoyances. Okay, some of them are not so small but the annoyance/amount of snapping or yelling ratio is a bit off.

5. I don't feel like I have anything to say except to whine. And who wants to be around a whiner? Hey, I don't even want to be around myself.

6. On the way home from Costco, I neglected to buckle Oona into her car seat. I got half way home and realized this. I stopped right away and buckled her in and I was incredibly grateful that nothing happened. But it is scary when you do something like this.

7. I've been having quite a bit of pelvic pain but my fertility signs are not clear. What in the world is my body trying to do?

8. I keep distracting myself by spending hours on ravelry or just on the internet aimlessly searching for something, anything, that will keep my interest long enough to be able to ignore all the housework, etc, that needs my attention.

I am in desperate need of the following: sleep, an infusion of patience, my hormones to figure themselves out, and for everybody to do what I think they should do exactly when I think they should do it. Just kidding on that last one. Seriously though, the sleep and hormone issues are being really problematic. Sugar isn't helping but it's so hard to stop when you're hormonal and exhausted. I really really really wish Oona would just be one of those babies that just slept through the night through no effort of mine. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. Two more weeks. I can make it two more weeks. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment