Monday, May 4, 2009

milestones

Oona took her first real steps today - ten little tiny ones and completely unassisted. I think she'll be fast once she really gets moving. She still likes to practice walk, holding on to my hand. It's sweet, she's been holding my hand and then Gemma insists on helping out by holding her other hand. As long as Gemma doesn't go too fast, it works out very nicely and is super cute to watch.

Gemma is really working at potty training. Our nap-time adventure was her taking off her poopy diaper by herself, trying to find something to wipe herself with (also getting poop all over her dress), putting on a pair of shorts - with no diaper - and peeing in them. One of these days, I'm hoping way sooner than later, she'll figure it out and put her pee and poop in the potty.

I have registered for my first class in the fall, philosophy 101 at 8 a.m. This is the first step towards becoming a Certified Nurse Midwife. Am I sure I'm doing the right thing? Can you ever be sure that you're doing the right thing? I know I'll combine it somehow with the massage work - craniosacral, etc - that I already do but don't have a clear picture of what that will look like. I have ten plus years, though, to figure it out.

Oona and Gemma will start at their new daycare in June. I really hope I'm making the right decision to have them go there. And Pat will start middle school in the fall and Jack will start high school. And Eric is promoted to associate professor in the fall. New beginnings for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment