Friday, May 15, 2009

night weaning night one

We had our first night of night weaning last night following the on-line article by Dr. Jay Gordon. I was fearing the worst and though it wasn't easy it wasn't nearly as hard as my fears built it up to be. (Thanks to all thinking of me - it must of helped!) Oona only cried for a couple minutes each time so I didn't have to listen to a screaming baby. (Big sigh of relief...) She definitely was mad, but seemed to get over it quickly. I did have to hold her hand while she tossed and turned trying to fall asleep and that took a lot longer than nursing her and cuddling her to sleep ever takes, but... it was only half an hour at a time instead of hours at a time like I feared. I also have to blame my exhaustion today on not sleeping well because I was worried about Oona and her hating me for the rest of her life and because I had too much decaf coffee and that makes my legs jump at night. I know, I know, what kind of person can't sleep after decaf? I inherit the caffeine and sugar genes from my mother so I both have somebody to blame and somebody that sympathizes. :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that it went well. I was definitely thinking of you last night. I hope it continues to go as well for you!

    ReplyDelete