Saturday, June 12, 2010

ten and a half weeks

Two weeks of nausea and exhaustion and my house is showing it. I keep hoping each day that I'll have enough energy to vacuum but that also involves picking up everything off the floor and just sounds like entirely too much effort. I've had a couple good days with less nausea but usually those have been work days. I've also discovered that something about the smell of my house, especially the kitchen, really is a huge trigger for me. So maybe I feel better when I'm at work because I'm not at home and because I can focus on one thing at a time instead of all the multi-tasking required of being a Mom. It's hard to multi-task when you're just trying to function. With baby number one, when you feel this way, you can lose yourself in a movie or in a book or take a nap or a long shower. Baby number 3 or 5? Not so much. Those opportunities are few and far between and usually happen when the girls are in bed which means that I am exhausted.

In an attempt to find some high protein foods that I can eat without gagging, I made this yogurt. It turned out pretty good though a little soupy and lumpy. I'm going to try again. This time, I might try Greek yogurt if I can find whole milk Greek. They didn't have it at my usual grocery store. I will also let it sit longer. And I will stir some of the hot milk into the yogurt start before adding it to the whole bowl of milk. I think maybe I didn't stir enough and maybe that is where the lumps came from. Still, I've been able to eat yogurt pretty easily. It's a bit high carb which is why I do whole milk because that increases the protein. I put vanilla and stevia in it.

Chips and salsa... that is one of the only things that doesn't make me remotely nauseous. I found multi-grain chips at Costco which have three grams of protein per serving. They also have flax seed. A little omega-3, or whichever omega it is, can't hurt.

Too much life happening right at the moment. Water spills, etc. This post may not be fully edited but don't want to save it for later.

No comments:

Post a Comment