Wednesday, February 17, 2010

February

February has been a full month. Life has been in full swing with some extras added in, like weekend classes, conferences and other extra engagements as well as fighting colds and sore throats. My class this term, towards my long term goal of being a Certified Nurse Midwife/craniosacral therapist, is New Testament and I'm finding the class challenging especially in regards to being reasonably respectful towards my professor who daily comes out with something that just doesn't add up for me logically. Anyways, this is not the location to vent on that score. I'll just say that hours have been taken up with ranting and raving and thinking and doing assignments which all seem to miss the goal of being worthwhile from a learning perspective.

Today is the first day of Lent. Our family has decided to severely limit technology time for Lent. For me, I'm only allowing myself to go on the computer once a day, which also means that I will most likely be quiet here. My husband will spend less time on news sites, etc, only using the internet for what's necessary for his work. The boys won't be able to spend their evenings watching videos on youtube or playing computer games while simultaneously having a movie playing on the TV. The girls are so young and won't understand the concept of Lent but we're limiting their video watching time to one a day. I think this will be good for us. It's so easy to get sucked into internet land and tv land and forget about the world that is your home. I wonder how it will be 40 days from now when we return to "normal." Will we resume our habits or will we have gained a perspective that keeps us more present in our lives?

No comments:

Post a Comment